Sales/Business Development Professional (Financial Advisors vertical)
|New York City, New York - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Growth opportunity with a startup division of a well-known, prestigious advisory firm. Build client base and sales for a groundbreaking new software platform that improves financial planning processes for financial advisors. Work closely with key executives on launch and strategy, serve as new product ambassador in the financial planning industry.
Wholesaler who as sold into financial advisors would be perfect-2-8 year exp.
Sales/Business Development Professional (Financial Advisors Vertical)
New York, NY.
Requires: 3-6 years in sales or account management in financial services. Experience working with Financial Advisors in SaaS or software sales is a plus.
Our client is an innovative wealthtech firm with a groundbreaking, AI-driven Financial Planning solution that enables Financial Advisors to provide actionable and personalized recommendations to clients in a scalable, intelligent, and cost-efficient manner, all while remaining complementary to current planning software. The company seeks a Sales & Business Development professional to work within the Financial Advisors sales vertical to play an integral role in the expansion and buildout of sales and relationship management in the wealth management community.
The firm’s Sales/Business Development Professional (Financial Advisors Vertical) supports the business via sales and relationship management. You will introduce and sell the firm’s revolutionary SaaS product to Financial Advisors, while ensuring a high level of product adoption/retention.
- SALES - You will assume ownership for all phases of the sales lifecycle from prospecting potential clients and conducting online demonstrations through to the close of the sale.
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT - You will effectively build, manage, and engage client relationships and ensure overall client success resulting in high levels of client satisfaction and retention.
Responsibilities of the Sales/Business Development Professional (Financial Advisors Vertical):
- Generate leads using the latest techniques and tools, including leveraging marketing content via social media channels, using targeted email campaigns, and generating referrals.
- Encourage interest in the product and engage with Financial Advisors and decision-makers in Wealth Management companies. Educate them on our value proposition, expertly guide them to purchasing our SaaS product, and lay the foundation for strong, long lasting relationships.
- Schedule appointments with qualified prospects, conduct online demonstrations of our SaaS/Software and ultimately sign prospects.
- Coordinate all aspects of client interaction throughout the lifecycle of the customer.
- Train clients on the software and function as a trusted advisor who assists in improving their data-driven deliveries and processes.
- Collect and analyze data and feedback and turn this into a successful onboarding plan that includes retention strategies. You will be involved in all aspects of support, account management, product demonstrations, customer knowledge and more. All team members look to client success for input across all key decisions.
- Ensure that customers are successfully using the application by understanding their business objectives and recommending strategies to achieve those goals.
- Act as the first point of escalation for clients facing irregular issues.
- Maintain and grow relationships with customers to drive client performance, prevent churn, identify cross sell/upsell opportunities, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Perform periodic review of a client’s use of products and advise on ways to improve performance.
- Establish and facilitate regularly scheduled web conference meetings to proactively engage customers.
- Achieve department goals including client satisfaction, revenue and performance metrics.
- Understand and ensure ongoing adherence to the customer’s contract.
- Generate new business through upgrades to existing accounts and cross-sell to referenced accounts.
- Serve as a customer advocate, driving industry best practices, while positioning the firm’s platform as a key driver to the customer's success, which will increase product utilization and expand the platform’s footprint through user adoption.
- Positively influence the customer lifetime value through higher product adoption and satisfaction.
Qualifications of the Sales/Business Development Professional (Financial Advisors Vertical):
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Marketing or related field
- 3-6 years of experience in Sales/Business Development into Financial Advisors, registered investment advisors (RIAs) or wealth management firms. Successful sales/quota track record. Wholesalers are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with a SaaS fintech or software solution/product a strong plus
- Comfort working in a dynamic, startup environment within an established company
- Ability to interact effectively electronically, over the phone, and in-person
- Experience in a client-facing role, using deep knowledge of financial planning concepts
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for financial planning and technology
- Exceptional communication and decision-making skills with ability to develop deep relationships
- Extremely well-organized with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Driven, self-motivated and enthusiastic, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to translate technical information into simple concepts for a nontechnical end user
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a deep desire to help clients succeed and reach their goals
- Proficiency with CRM Software and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Keywords: Sales, business development, SaaS, financial technology, fintech, financial planning, wealth management, financial services, CRM, Internal Client Advisor, wholesaling, wholesaler, prospecting, sales cycle, quota, RIA, Investment advisor, Cold calling, warm calling, demos
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree