|Haverhill, Massachusetts - United States
$90,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client needs to build an Innovation Team of five; they need 2 R&D Engineers, 2 Mechanical Designers and a Controls Engineer. If you are looking for a challenge please reach out to us.
Our client is a global leader in energy efficient and sustainable air treatment and climate solutions.
They are expanding their Innovation Team and need a Development Engineer who will be responsible for standardizing and modularizing and have technical ownership of products.
The Research Engineer should have deep knowledge in the design and fabrication of industrial Air Treatment type products and associated instrumentation and controls.
- Develop new products and/or technologies within the internal product development process.
- Design for manufacturing and incorporate lean principles in the design of the product
- Develop specifications for needed components, make selections and obsolesce those needed
- Create bills of materials, sequences of operations, CAD drawings & product definition as needed
- Develop and maintain master mechanical product BOM’s that will be linked to mechanical automation applications and stored in EPDM vault.
- Develop and maintain master product CAD models and link them to mechanical automation applications and stored in EPDM vault
- Develop maintain product documentation: QA, work instructions, acceptance criteria, O&M’s etc.
- Support development of automated production release process and product costing
- Investigate new technologies, materials, & components for new product and existing products\
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge, attend educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional societies.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable government standards for safety and performance
- Point of contact for technical matters: sales, engineers, quality control, field service, materials
- Support sourcing and operations on upgrades, COP initiatives and component supplier changes
- Follow ISO procedures to ensure consistent and documented product release
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with a focus on product mechanical product design.
- 5 + years of engineering experience in mechanical equipment design
- Knowledge of industrial/commercial HVAC components, functions, controls, design development
- Knowledge of HVAC refrigeration systems design, operation (Air Cooled, Water Cooled & Water)
- In-depth understanding of how to design for standardization/modularization
- Solid understanding of instrument and controls (temperature sensors, VFD’s, actuators, etc.)
- Strong organizational, communications, mathematical, mechanical, electrical skills and aptitude.
- PC skills including Word, Excel, and AutoCAD, Solidworks knowledge preferred not required
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree