Principal AWS Software Engineer
|Austin, Texas - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Pioneer in the FinTech space. Bank has grown from $40B in assets to $116B in assets in 3 years during COVID.
Huge opportunity for upward mobility.
Principle AWS Software Engineer
The Bank is a growing bank in an Innovation economy. As a member of C&PB Development Team, you will be at the forefront of The Bank’s Cloud Transformation journey and for building resilient business applications in cloud. As a Senior AWS Software Engineer, you will act as the ‘Cloud Practitioner’ to migrate Commercial and Private Bank applications to AWS, and in the process, enriching our client experience with highly available, resilient and performant applications.
Would you like to use your cloud technologies knowledge, and do you have passion for building instrumentation needed for identifying issues before clients find issues in production? Are you familiar with best practices for application, compute and services, performance monitoring? Do you want to play a key role in improving client experience through “always available” systems architectures? If you fit the above description, you might be the person we are looking for! We are a group of smart people, passionate about cloud technologies, and believe that best-in-class site reliability engineering is critical to The Bank’s and its customer success.
- Collaborate with product engineering teams to develop and deploy applications using Gitlab, Terraform, AWS services and methodologies
- Analyze existing on-prem application architecture and develop cloud compatible solutions to migrate applications
- Ability to develop applications and deploy in AWS cloud in multi-region, multi-AZ distributed systems
- Envision, Design and Build end-to-end Observability for Applications running on AWS Platform
- Ability to leverage Terraform and contribute new Terraform templates for reuse across organization
- Ensure security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions
- Develop and migrate mission critical services and build automation to proactively detect and prevent re-occurrences
- Have full oversight into changes going into production, asset tagging, cost and capacity analysis, vulnerability, and patch management
- Define auto-scaling processes for optimizing service and compute utilization
- Hands-On Experience building solutions in AWS, including services such as EC2, S3, VPC, SNS, SQS, Lambda, Dynamo DB, RDS, Redshift, Glue etc.
- Ability to create and utilize Terraform templates to automated creation of AWS images
- Experience in developing business solutions in Java, node, reactJS or DotNet languages
- Experience in setting up ALBs and Security Groups for the applications
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Maven, GitLab, SonarQube in a cloud environment
- A team player capable of high performance, flexibility in a dynamic working environment and the ability to lead
- Skill and ability to train others on technical and procedural topics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline recommended
- 10 years of related application engineering experience
- AWS Certification in Developer or Solution Architect is preferred
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in designing and developing complex distributed IT solutions (e.g., cloud, distributed systems, or high-performance computing experience)
- 10 years of tech experience
- AWS experience with EC2, S3, VPC, SNS, SQS services
- Terraform - create
- Java and/or .Net languages: Bash, Powershell, Python
- DevOps, DevSecOps is ideal - Jenkins, Gitlab, Mavin, Groovy
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree