New Product Development Manager
|Memphis, Tennessee - United States
$125,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Company is well-positioned to take on more growth opportunities.
Leads and manages the Stage/Gate process for introduction of new, modified, or tolled products. Works to identify new and more cost-friendly sources for raw materials for new and existing products. Acts as process-technology resource for the site, including supporting development of the Process Technical Packages. Supports the plant Safety and Environmental goals, by being an active participant in Process Hazard Analysis, Safety Reviews, and Incident Investigations. Establishes timelines and deliverables with R&D, Pilot Plant and Production for each project as it moves through the Stage and Gate process.
Stage and Gate Process
- Gatekeeper and manager for all NPD projects.
- Develops, tracks and maintains the records, timelines, costs, reports, etc. for development projects.
- Coordinates and runs the bi-weekly NPD leadership team meeting.
- Communicates to the NPD team status of projects monthly.
- Develops the initial Financial Analysis that includes a Bill of Materials and Fixed Cost summary for each project.
- Using plant knowledge proposes potential equipment arrangements to meet a process requirement.
- Initializes confidentiality agreements to protect company’s knowledge.
New Business Opportunities
- Assists marketing and research in performing the initial reviews of products identified by the NPD process.
- Works closely with Sales/Marketing, Accounting and Production to determine if a fit exists for new opportunities that meets the business financial goals.
- Supports Customers as requested by Sales/Marketing.
Education and Experience
- BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering required. Masters preferred.
- 5 years Operations management experience, with at least 5 yrs. of production/process engineering
- 5 years specialty chemical manufacturing experience.
- Experience in process design and improvement including batch and continuous reactors, distillation and heat exchange systems and solids handling.
- Experience in designing and installing capital projects.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree