I/T Project Management Lead
|Vancouver (Waterfront / Coal Harbour / Canada Place), British Columbia - Canada
$105,000.00 - $110,000.00 - Canadian Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior PM with experience leading multiple, complex enterprise I/T solutions across diverse business units. Experience with tools including JIRA, Visio, and Microsoft DevOps is essential.
Our client is an agency of the government of Canada responsible for a large segment of the international transportation of goods into our country. Working closely with a team of senior business analysts, the I/T project management lead is leading and coordinating multiple, complex technology aspects of enterprise/business projects. This position provides exceptional client-centered service on a consistent basis to all stakeholder groups. This involves working on multiple projects from the implementation of new to enhancement of existing systems, solutions and processes.
The IT Project Management Lead will:
IT Project Management
- Work with business and I/T stakeholders to scope out projects including functional and technical deliverables, cost estimates, resources, and identification of benefits
- Prepare project scope documents, charters to initiate I/T projects, vendor SOWs, contracts etc.
- Prepare project plans and schedules using tools like JIRA, Visio, Microsoft DevOps etc.
- Promote the best practices for high performing I/T teams (both Scrum/Agile and Waterfall)
- Lead project teams to ensure the project meets its quality, schedule and budget objectives
- Lead the implementation process within the I/T department, including resourcing and some change management
- Facilitate Steering Committee meetings when appropriate
- Conduct risk management assessments and plans
- Define SMART goals and measure project KPIs using appropriate tools and techniques
- Maintain project scope and raise change requests as necessary
- Analyze project inputs from various elements (e.g., budgetary, technical, compliance, policy) and correctly prioritizes issues and solutions in support of goal accomplishment.
- Conduct post-implementation debriefs to identify recommendations for continuous improvement
- Participate in continuous improvement of the standardization of business requirements gathering and change management processes
- Recognize external factors and changing organizational goals that will affect current projects and successfully adjusts the team’s work efforts in accordance with these changes
- Provide guidance to others on team-specific processes and terminology
- Collaborate with other teams to establish consistent standards and processes in alignment with the organizational strategy
- Analyze existing and evolving standards to improve the consistency of efforts across teams and the organization
- Anticipate external trends that will impact teams within the organization or the organization as a whole, and supports the planning process to address these changes
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in a business or technology related field from a recognized post-secondary educational institution along with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading small and large-scale information technology projects and programs in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
Must have demonstrated experience with the following:
- Ability to manage competing technology projects in a fast-paced and changing technical environment
- Experience working as shared resource across various IT teams in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Expert in Project management tools such as JIRA, Microsoft DevOps etc.
- Solid understanding of technology concepts and domains (infrastructure, data, applications, IT operations)
- Hands-on experience working with Business Intelligence projects and visualization tools such as Tableau/Power BI
- Experience with vendor selection, COTS implementation as well as leading in-house/custom application development projects
- Basic understanding of SQL, SDLC along with current cloud technologies and trends
- Strong skills in Excel, Word, MS Project and MS Visio
- PMP certification is desired
- Cloud and agile related certifications will be an asset
The successful candidate must have strong leadership background as a Scrum/Agile coach as lean and agile thinking continues to emerge as an enterprise strategy. Experience in leading high value mid to large sized I/T projects/programs which involve many key stakeholders along with internal I/T resources and external vendors is required. The candidate must experience working with all levels of the organization and will have regular interaction with senior executives from across the organization.
This position is ideal for an individual who is/has:
- Detail-oriented and meticulous when necessary, paired with the ability to understand the broader business context and strategic importance along with demonstrated project management and change management skills
- Proven diagnostic, problem solving, team skills are essential, along with an excellent "customer service" approach
- Self-motivated, self-starter and work with minimal supervision with an excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to communicate both technically and nontechnically, as appropriate
- Excellent writing skills and proven ability to develop comprehensive written reports to the C-Suite level
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills; solid judgment; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community
- Ability to handle multiple projects of various scale, meet tight deadlines and work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience working with multi stakeholder initiatives and demonstrated experience working in dynamic, and iterative environments
The incumbent must obtain and maintain a valid Security Clearance as this position is required to access restricted areas and information.
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree