|White Plains, New York - United States
contact recruiter for details
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Lab Services are expanding due to growth and new programs.
We represent an award-winning MAGNET hospital in Westchester County. We are seeking a Cytotechnologist within the
Lab Anatomic Pathology department.
Reporting to the Pathology Supervisor, the ideal candidate will work Day shift - part-time Monday -Friday
- Receives body material, fluids, exudate and scrapings, etc. and assists physicians with FNA procedures and collects specimens from patients.
- Examines and records classification of slides and presents slides with unusual cytomorphology to Pathologist for further examination.
- Maintains record of screening workload performed. e.g. NYS Department of Health requirement. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Screens gynecological and non-gynecological cases on a daily basis and in a timely manner
- Assists with preparation, staining and coverslipping of cytology specimens as needed.
- Assists in Cytology Aspiration procedures (FNA )that are scheduled with the Department Ex.-Ambulatory Surgery, Breast Imaging, Endoscopy, Off Site, Radiology and Radiology Department
- Sign out cases with the Pathologist on (according to schedule
- Labels all Cytology stained slides, compares name, number of slides, clinical information, and gross description against the Cytology requisitions
- Change and clean equipment and solutions in the Cytology Aspiration procedure tray, keep Cytology Aspiration procedure supplies in tray stocked as needed
- Maintains all records as per regulatory agencies requirement
- Maintains CME log
- Participates in any other departmental activities as directed by the Chief Cytotechnologist or Laboratory Director
Education & Experience Requirements
- N.Y.S. license required.
- Bachelor of Science with ASCP Registry and/or Certified Cytology School Degree.
- 3 years minimum experience screening gynecological, non-gynecological specimens and fine needle aspirations.
- Familiar with Bethesda system for Cytology reporting.
- ThinPrep Certification
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree