|Indianapolis, Indiana - United States
$110,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Very rapidly growing with a World Class manufacturing effort.
The Controls Engineer oversee the integrity of plant’s electronic components and systems associated with the production equipment. He/she achieves these objectives by employing knowledge of electronic controls and materials properties. The Controls Engineer serves as a bridge between activities of such group as Production, QC, Maintenance and Engineering. The objectives include yield and quality improvements, developing investments’ scope, scale up, start ups, pilot plant management, product transfers etc.
- Contribute to RQC capital planning
- Take an active role in the continuous update of the equipment controls and instrumentation aiming at improved capacity, flexibility, meeting additional needs and complying with regulations
- Responsible for design and implementation of the production equipment integration. Assist in developing accurate, well defined process parameters
- Assist in training of the operating personnel in principles of unit operations, process control, maintenance and safety
- Assist maintenance in evaluation of the equipment repairs and procedures, this is to include evaluation of the replacement parts for optimal performance
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Design electronic components, software, products, or systems
- Prepare engineering sketches or specifications for construction, relocation, or installation of equipment, facilities, products, or systems
- Confer with engineers, vendors or others to discuss existing and potential engineering projects or products
- Analyze system requirements, capacity, cost, and customer needs to determine feasibility of project and develop system plan
- Inspect electronic equipment, instruments, products, or systems to ensure conformance to specifications, safety standards, or applicable codes or regulations
- Plan or develop applications or modifications for electronic properties used in components, products, or systems to improve technical performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS in Engineering required
- Minimum 3 years engineering experience preferred
- Experience managing projects preferred
- Experience in a food grade environment (FDA, GMP’s, HACCP) with high speed packaging equipment preferred - liquid processing
- Continuous improvement experience a plus
University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree